Monday, January 26, 2009

The Secret Unfolds

We told two of your Grandparents, your Aunt and Uncle and a family friend that you were on the way this past weekend. The excitement is growing in me, and so is the fear. Not a true fear, so much, but sort of a nervous wonder of what you'll turn my life into. I'm certainly expecting great things – joyous wonders, unmatched pride, unending love and companionship – but I'm also aware that there will be trials. Mere moments will turn into hours, days and millenia when you have some affliction or become tired of me during your own time of change and growth. I know I will be forced to stand behind my own glass, unable to fix you at times, pining away for your well being and consuming myself with your concern and my powerful love. I am also aware that you will try my patience, and I will have to grow too – have to learn tolerance and forgiveness beyond what I've ever yet experienced – so I can be the best and most efficient leader you can have. I suppose that's what scares me the most. The notion that you will truly be my underling – solely my and your mother's responsibility. All I can promise is: You will be very important. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment